lunes, 10 de diciembre de 2018

Draconian ways to fix page numbering in word documents

Along with countless other indie authors, I used createspace for my paperbacks. Expensive? Verymuch for mexican standards when you include shipping. But the chance to print on demand to save storage space is practical.

Amazon bought the site several years ago and both sort of worked independantly. Createspace offers nice easy to use templates as well.

However, Amazon is now integrating both services and the transition has been problematic for many autors. The bugs prompted me to wait until I had no other choice and even today it is still buggy.

I have several books deemed unsuitable for kdps publishing standards. Mostly the page numbering issues which have been problematic because word is very jumpy and psychotic placing the page numbers automatically it feels like.

Okay, so maybe I should ditch the casual pc user and learn a real software like InDesign. The issue comes with finding the free time to learn how to properly use it which I don't have right now.

Nobody on the internet seems to know how to get around this issue. Last Friday I was fiddling with the bloody program and found an insanely tedious way to fix the paging issue to keep up to Kdps demands and retain the overall style I personally like.

I have sent the fixed files for books 1, 2, 3 for Amazon to approve. I should have books 4,5,6 within the next few days which might take longer because they are longer novels.

Book 7 is also almost fully formatted up to kdp standards. I will draw a cover within these next few days and hope to have it finally published!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario