miércoles, 7 de noviembre de 2018

Helping the stray cats of Playa del Carmen pt2

Its a miracle but I easily got mamma cat into a carrier cage and she has been successfully spayed. Yaaay! No more needy and unwanted baby kittens from her anymore. As if Quintana Roo didn't have enough unwanted stray cats.

The vet was unsure about operating her without an appointment at 7:30 pm, but his fears eased when he realized I was a medical doctor.. and an anesthesiologist to boot!





I'm just waiting for her to wake up and release her back into the wild. She somewhat lets me pet her, and if I had more time I could domesticate her. But I am leaving for another city in a few days and nobody would adopt her. I just hope she just tries to stay out of trouble. Maybe I can't give her the home life she deserves, but at least she won't have more litters.

Speaking of litters, her 3 kittens just got their first vaccine and I'm trying to use social media to find them a home. It would be horribly cruel to leave them cooped up in a tiny cage in a poorly ventilated bathroom. If I can't find them a home pronto, I will bw forced to release them into the wild as strays knowing that they could have lived well as domesticated pets.





Thanks for reading and know I paid these medical bills with my own pocket because I care a lot about animals.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario