sábado, 18 de agosto de 2018

A book haul!

If you are an author that sells books on Amazon, you might have noticed that the website started offering creating paperback books with a really sloppy beta copycat of Createspace.

I never bothered to move my physical books at the time because you couldn't. You had to start the process all over again with a new ISBN code. It was in beta, so the little details regarding uploading the files was too much of a hassle.

Now that there are rumors circulating around the web that Amazon is going to shut down Createspace, if you have any files there, I suggest you should move them pronto.

Amazon KDP has finally improved the process and now you are allowed to move your Createspace books by pasting the ISBN 13 code when you click on making a paperback. Amazon will pull the Createspace file, although I personally opted to upload .docx files from my laptop because I didn't trust the sharpness of the text on pdf format.

Moving the files was reasonably fast and Amazon takes a bit less time to approve a draft than Createspace did.

I left the prices the same BTW.

On another related topic, I have finally finished brushing the text of the 7th book Harlequins and it is ready for publishing. I just need a cover for it. Oh, and to purchase a copyright as well.

I'm 30-40% into brushing the text of the 8th and final book of my series Mortality and I hope to send the petition for a copyright together to save money and time. Those will be two covers that need to be made, ouch.

Given my long series doesn't make a lot of money, I see no harm in simply publishing both books together to finish with this series so that I can set my attention on my new Young Adult fantasy book that has absolutely nothing to do with An Ominous Book.

If you are wishing to get a free ARC copy, feel free to ask in the comments!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario