sábado, 25 de noviembre de 2017

Feeling good about reviewing

One of the things that drives me to read more books is the fact that I love to write a review after I finish reading it. I just don't understand why so many avid book readers feel timid about expressing what they think about a book. Maybe I'm biased because since I have already written several books, the writing part isn't so hard but you don't need to be a Nobel Literature laureate to write a review. Just a 2 sentence comment will suffice to grant some seriousness to the author's hard earned work. I am currently close to finishing the 5 book series known as "The Uniters Code" by Shannon Reber. It seems like a bit after posting two reviews on Amazon, someone decided to purchase the 2nd and 3rd book and already posted a review of the 2nd book. I'm certain the author must be thrilled to see so many reviews in a short amount of time. Unfortunately it's really, really hard to get reviews of your books on the big pages. I sometimes get star ratings on Goodreads, but reviews carry the heaviest amount of street cred. If you enjoy or hate a book, don't feel shy and write a review. Me? Well, while I have read a few books that the author personally requested of me and either loved or stated the book as so/so, I'm certain the effort helped the author. If you have read my novels, will you take 5 minutes and write a review?



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario